>
border=

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

COWS AND SWING SETS

Mike had a busy day. He woke up early to meet the German farmer out in the field to get our grass fed cow butchered. The farmer was adamit that we see this cow while it was still fresh(alive). I said I would forgo the viewing and stay home. The farmers wife already described the cow in detail to me on the phone as I was quickly trying to hand it to Mike. I really want to be able to enjoy this meat. Mike loaded the cow took it to the scales and this thing weighed 800lbs. They then took it to the butcher and Mike talked to him about the size of steaks we wanted. They left the cow tied up at the butchers and in a few days we go back for the fresh packaged meat. This cow should fill an entire big freezer and should last us all winter. After leaving the butcher it was on to meet a guy we are buying a swing set from. Mike drove about an hour to help the guy take the swing set apart in 3 big pieces and put it on the flat bed trailer and haul it back to our hoiuse. This thing was heavy and it took awhile to got it set up in the yard. Grace was so excited and was playing on it tonight right before it got dark. I told her we could play on it again fist thing in the morning. I just hope it's not too early.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

i like your life

the author said...

I really think I could have done without the image of the LIVE cow on the trailer......

Cindy said...

That's an awesome swing set! The cow's pretty great, too:). I can't wait for your China trip! You're taking all the kids? That will be so nice. You are REALLY going to get some stares with you big, blonde family!!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
that is so great about getting Hope soon. I know you are all so excited! Derek & I are excited for you. The pictures of the family are wonderful, helps my children remember all of you. I like your cow, I hope it tastes good. So, how many chickens to you have? Let us know when you plant your crops. I have tried commenting before but this is the first time I've been able to without having a google password. Very odd. Have a beautiful day! april